Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
Questions / Sections of Local Offer
- How does the early years setting know if children need extra help and what should I do if I think my child may have special educational needs or disabilities?
- How will early years setting staff support my child?
- How will the curriculum be matched to my child’s needs?
- How will both you and I know how my child is doing and how will you help me to support my child’s learning?
- What support will there be for my child’s overall wellbeing?
- What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the early years setting?
- What training have the staff supporting children with SEND had or are having?
- How will my child be included in activities outside the early years setting including trips?
- How accessible is the early years setting environment? (Indoors and outdoors)?
- How will the early years setting prepare and support my child to join the early years setting, transfer to a new setting / school?
- How are the early years setting’s resources allocated and matched to children’s special educational needs?
- How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child will receive?
- How are parents involved in the early years setting? How can I be involved?
- Who can I contact for further information?
Sara Virgo Childminding
22 Kings Ride
Ofsted No: EY476985
‘CO-PRODUCTION’ HAS TAKEN PLACE WITH PARENTS, CARERS, STAKEHOLDERS